Mindanao

St. Ignatius Of Loyola Church

Historical Facts
  • St. Ignatius Parish in Zamboanga City initially covered a vast area including several barangays.
  • It started as a small chapel built on land owned by Don Balbino Natividad in 1863, with Rev. Fr. Ramon Barua, SJ as its first parish priest.
  • Over time, a larger church replaced the original chapel, known as the Tetuan Church.
  • Named after St. Ignatius of Loyola, the parish was served by Jesuits for 90 years.
Go to nearby Jollibee store